Creamy Mushrooms Recipe
These creamy mushrooms make a wonderful topping and/or side dish to steak, chicken, pork and pasta but also they are delicious enough to stand alone as a dish.
- 1 T butter
- 8 oz sliced mushrooms (baby bella, white, cremini)
- 1 T minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon dry Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt, kosher
- ½ teaspoon black pepper (cracked fresh is best)
- ¼ C heavy cream
- 2 T parmesan cheese (grated fresh is best)
- ½ teaspoon fresh thyme (optional but recommended)
Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms and allow to cook undisturbed for 2-3 minutes.
After 2-3 minutes, stir and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, another 3-4 minutes.
Add garlic, salt, pepper and Italian seasoning (& thyme if using), stir to evenly coat everything. Cook 1 minute.
Stir in heavy cream. Once the cream comes to a bubble, reduce heat and simmer 2-3 minutes, just until cream has thickened. Remove from heat and stir in parmesan cheese.
If desired, top with fresh chopped parsley before serving.