As you may remember from my NO BUTTER Chocolate Chip Cookies I am last to hop on the bandwagon for coconut oil. Since I put up that post I have gotten several messages from readers expressing the love for coconut oil. I am still learning all the uses for this versatile product, but for baking it just seems like a no brainer. These muffins have NO EGG and NO DAIRY! They are moist and delicious and a family favorite! My little one who seems to be allergic to just about everything can devour these without worry.
No feeling guilty about serving these for breakfast or a mid day snack.
Click on the magic hat for nutritional info
Coconut Oil Blue Banana Muffins
- 2 C flour
- 1 C light brown sugar
- 1 T baking powder
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 bananas mashed (best over ripe)
- 3 T coconut oil
- ½ C apple sauce
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract you can use 1 if you like but I LOVE vanilla extract
- 1 C fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Prepare muffin tin (12 count) with cooking spray, oil, butter or liners.
- In large bowl combine dry ingredients, mix well. A fork works best here to break down the brown sugar.
- In another bowl combine bananas, coconut oil, apple sauce and vanilla.
- Add dry ingredients to wet and stir until blended.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Bake 15-20 minutes until toothpick comes out clean when poked in the center. Mine go 18 minutes for perfection.
These sound so good. Bananas and blue berries are a great combo.
Thanks for the like on FB. Liked you back
Wishes for tasty dishes,
Linda @Tumbleweed Contess
Krista Low says
These look great! I love using coconut oil in recipes! It is such a healthy alternative to butter or shortening. Yummo! Krista @ A Handful of Everything
Shauna Smart says
I LOVE that these muffins are allergy friendly! Shared on our FB page & Pinterest 🙂
Shauna @ The Best Blog Recipes