Chocolate SunButter No Bake Bars - A nut-free version of the popular peanut butter chocolate dessert bar.
This post contains affiliate links
Disclaimer: As with any recipe that is allergy-friendly, be sure to check your ingredients to be sure they are actually nut free. Different people have different comfort-safety levels in regards to manufacturing and facilities etc. Please check with your nut-free friends before serving.
Nut-free decadent treats are hard to come by. But I swear, these are so good. Even my son who has no allergies and quite honestly, doesn't care for sunflower butter, loves these.
There are plenty of nut-free alternatives to peanut butter but our favorite across the board has been sunflower butter.
You could certainly try this dessert bar recipe with your favorite alternative.
Some alternatives would be Wow Butter or granola butter.
I have only tested the creamy sunbutter variety with this recipe but I imagine the chunky would be great too!
This allergy friendly treat has the perfect combo of sweet and salty.
Since my daughter is the only one with a nut allergy in our house, the rest of us totally miss eating peanut butter and chocolate. This bar is the closest I've found to mimicking the flavors of a peanut butter cup.
Printable Recipe Card
No Bake Chocolate SunButter Bars
- Nonstick spray
- 1 ½ cup powdered sugar
- 4-5 ounces thin pretzel sticks salted (enough to make 1 ½ C crumbs)
- 1 cup SunButter
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 8 ounces semisweet baking chocolate allergy-friendly brand
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Coat an 8x8 bakign dish with spray.
- Place pretzel sticks in food processor and process until fine crumbs, similar to graham crumbs.
- In a large bowl stir together sugar, crumbs, sunbutter and melted butter.
- Press the sunbutter mixture into the prepared 8x8 pan.
- Chop chocolate into small pieces and place in a bowl.
- Heat cream in a small saucepan over medium heat just until bubbles start to form around the edges.
- Pour heated cream over chocolate and let sit 1 minute. After 1 minute, whisk the cream and chocolate together until smooth and melted. Pour chocolate mixture over the sunbutter mixture.
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour before cutting into squares and serving.
The owner of this website is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com.