Related: 27 Thanksgiving Gravy Recipes
How To Make Easy Thanksgiving Stuffing/Dressing
- Chop day old bread or oven-dried bread into cubes
- Soften onion & celery in butter
- Season & add herbs
- Combine bread cubes and onion mixture
- Mix in broth
Egg or No Egg in Stuffing ?
Printable Recipe Card
Easy Thanksgiving Stuffing
This recipe is great for both the seasoned cook and first time Thanksgiving hosts. No fuss, just good taste and texture for this Easy Thanksgiving Stuffing.
- 6 C diced dry bread cubes
- 4 T butter
- 1.5 C diced onion
- 1 C diced celery
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 T chopped fresh sage
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- ¼ C chopped fresh parsley
- 2 C broth or stock (turkey or chicken)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt (use half the amount if there is salt in your broth/stock)
- 1 T butter, cut into small pieces for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Place dried bread cubes in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add celery and onion. Cook, stirring occasionally until softened (about 5-10 min).
- Stir in poultry seasoning, salt, pepper, sage and thyme. Cook another minute.
- Add onion mixture to bread cubes. Toss well to distribute. Stir in parsley. Slowly stir in broth while tossing. Add just enough broth to moisten all cubes without soaking.
- Spread mixture in a 9x9 buttered or sprayed baking dish. Dot with bits of butter. Bake uncovered 35-45 minutes until crispy on top.
- Serve warm.
If you prefer a stuffing that melds together more, stir 1 egg into mixture when combing bread and onions.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!