One Pot Chicken Alfredo Biscuit Casserole - A family friendly, soul satisfying casserole, perfectly suited for a weeknight meal.
Okay guys, don't get all over me for using store bought, pre-made ingredients here. I swear, I don't do it all the time. But, let's get real, sometimes we've got to take a few shortcuts.
I don't remember what I was looking for when I stumbled upon this recipe on the Pillsbury website. I'm not sure why it stood out to me, but it did. And I'm glad.
I stuck to the main idea and didn't really change much except that I made it way easier by turning it into a One Pot Meal! Why do we need to transfer this into a baking dish? I don't want an extra pan to wash. Do you? I didn't think so.
The other thing I did was steam my own vegetables. If you have frozen on hand and want to use those, go right ahead. But I have one of those little microwave steamer things and it is super easy and quick to do. Also, feel free to mix up the vegetables. You don't have to use carrots and broccoli, do whatever your family would prefer.
To avoid any issues with the biscuits not cooking all the way through, make sure your mixture is nice and hot when you add the biscuits, otherwise the bottoms will stay mushy. Yuck!
Your support of clicking thru to visit our advertisers and/or purchasing items through our affiliate links helps to keep this page going and is very much appreciated.
One Pot Chicken Alfredo Biscuit Casserole
- 1 T butter
- 1 small onion sweet, chopped
- 16 oz Alfredo sauce
- ¼ C milk
- 2 C cooked chicken/turkey topped
- 2 C fresh broccoli steam in microwave 2 min
- 2 carrots chopped (steamed in microwave 2 min)
- ¼ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 can 7.5 oz refrigerated biscuits
- 1 T butter melted
- 1 T Parmesan cheese grated
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large, oven proof skillet, over medium heat, melt butter and add onion, steamed broccoli, and steamed carrots. Season with Italian seasoning and black pepper. Cook until vegetables are just soft, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in Alfredo sauce and milk. Bring to a bubble and reduce heat to a simmer.
- While mixture is simmering, cut biscuits in half, crosswise.
- After mixture has simmered 5 minutes, turn off heat and arrange biscuits on top of mixture, slightly overlapping.
- Brush biscuits with melted butter and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven 15-20 minutes, until mixture is bubbly and biscuits are cooked through.
The owner of this website is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com