This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BeyondTheSandwich #CollectiveBias
Buffalo Chicken Pizza Roll Ups - A tasty dinner option for busy nights and with only 4 ingredients, prep has never been easier!
School is in full swing and so are activities. This fall, we've got soccer, cub scouts, dance, gymnastics and CCD on the agenda. Because we all keep so busy, it's imperative that I have some quick and easy meals on hand for the busy weeknights.
I don't want meals to just be quick and easy though. I also want some quality ingredients in the mix too.
As I was standing there in the store, snatching up the cheese, I figured, what the heck, I'll grab some other sandwich stuff while standing there. When all was said and done I walked away with the Castle Wood Reserve® Oven Roasted Chicken Breast and also the Mild Cheddar Cheese.
Even though I know I could make some bang up sandwiches with these deli products, I decided to try to make a shortcut recipe out of something I've been meaning to try.
My husband and I love buffalo chicken in recipes. I've played around with recipes for buffalo chicken pizza, calzones, pasta, you name it, we've tried it. I have been wanting to make a buffalo chicken pizza roll up. Similar to a pinwheel, but baked in pizza dough. The only problem is lately, I haven't had the time to cook up chicken and then turn it into something else. Using this deli chicken seemed like a good shortcut!
Well, here's what I can tell you. Today is Monday ( I know it's at least Tuesday if you're reading this but it's Monday as I type) and I went shopping on Friday. I have already made this recipe twice . Yup, we liked it that much that we've eaten in twice in three days.
Perfect for dinner paired w/ a salad or as a party appetizer!
The recipe makes about 12 servings depending on how thick you slice them which is perfect for a family of 4. Serve it up with a side salad and you've got a meal!
This darn recipe couldn't be easier. Here's all that you need to do. Unroll some pizza dough. I used the stuff in the can. Spread some buffalo sauce over the pizza dough. Be sure you're using buffalo sauce not just the hot sauce. Cover the sauce with the chicken and then finally with the cheese. Then you roll that baby up and cut it into slices. If you are having trouble cutting it, I suggest one of two things. Either use an electric knife, like I did or just pop the whole thing in the freezer for a few minutes, it will make it easier to slice.
After you've got it sliced up, pop those slices in the oven. When they come out, they will be all cheesy and delicious. You can either eat them as is, dip them in blue cheese or drizzle blue cheese over the top. Whichever way you choose, don't worry, you won't be sorry.
A few things I should mention about Buffalo Chicken Pizza Roll Ups:
I broke the cheese slices in half before placing on turkey so it would be easier to roll up. You could also use freshly grated cheese instead of slices.
I made these 2 times; 1 time using a non-stick baking mat and 1 time directly on a non-stick baking sheet and both ways work, no difference.
Buffalo Chicken Pizza Roll Ups
- 1 can refrigerated pizza crust 11 oz
- ¼ C buffalo sauce
- 13 slices Chicken Breast
- 4 slices Mild Cheddar Cheese
- Optional: Blue Cheese Dressing
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Unroll pizza dough on to non stick baking sheet or lined baking sheet. Gently roll it out to an even thickness.
- Spread buffalo sauce over surface of rolled pizza dough.
- Arrange sliced meat, slightly overlapping, over buffalo sauce.
- Cut (or break) each slice of cheese in half and arrange evenly over chicken. (See photo in post for placement).
- Starting along a long side, begin rolling up jelly roll style. Tuck ends in. Place seam side down on baking sheet.
- Using a sharp knife, cut into 12 slices. If having difficulty slicing, either place roll in freezer for a few minutes to firm up or use an electric knife.
- Place cut rolls on baking sheet, with the pinwheel side showing up.
- Bake 15 minutes until pizza dough has cooked through and cheese is melted.
- Serve warm.
- Optional: Drizzle with blue cheese dressing