This Spinach Dip Christmas Tree Appetizer is the recipe Christmas dreams are made of!Skip The Small Talk - Jump to Recipe
Is it even a holiday if you don't find a warm and cheesy spinach dip on the appetizer table? I don't think so!
This spinach artichoke dip is many things besides just a dip for chips. This holiday snack is a pull-apart appetizer and even more than that, it is a cheesy dip-stuffed puff pastry in the shape of a Christmas Tree!
A quick note. I know that this recipe has artichokes in it but I continue to refer to it as "spinach dip". It is just habit. I know most call it Spinach-Artichoke Dip. So, to avoid confusion, just know I'll go back and forth. That's how I roll.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information please visit my disclosure page
Wondering just how to make a Christmas Tree Appetizer? Well good, because I'm going to teach you how to make this easy appetizer.
Here's the thing, a lot of the Stuffed Christmas Tree Appetizers out there on Pinterest involve twisting and pinching the dough just right. If it isn't done properly, the whole thing can ooze out.
As you know by now, I am not a patient cook. I prefer a good shortcut when and if it doesn't take away from the taste of the recipe.
That being said, my shortcut today is instead of twisting all the dough into the perfect tree shape, I'm simply slicing into rounds and arranging them on a baking sheet in the shape of a tree.
Easy peasy, just my style.
Why you will love this Dip Stuffed Christmas Tree
- It is an easy appetizer to make
- The Christmas Tree shape is festive
- Spinach Artichoke Dip is a super popular holiday appetizer
Equipment needed to make this Pull Apart Spinach Dip
Ingredients for Spinach Dip Christmas Tree
- puff pastry
- frozen spinach
- artichoke hearts
- cream cheese
- spices: salt, pepper & garlic powder
How To Make A Dip Stuffed Christmas Tree
Step One: Prep
Pre-heat oven. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
Drain and chop artichokes.
Roll out puff pastry on parchment lined baking sheet.
Step Two: Mix
Mix together chopped artichokes, spinach, cream cheese, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
Step Three: Assembly
Spread the mixture over the puff pastry. Top mixture with shredded cheese.
Roll up, jelly-roll style. Slice into ¼ inch rolls.
Arrange the rolls on the parchment lined pan in the shape of a tree.
Brush egg wash over the tree.
Step Four: Bake
Bake in pre-heated oven for 26-28 minutes or until golden brown.
Serve and enjoy!
Popular Additions & Substitutions for Christmas Tree Appetizer
- tube pizza dough
- crescent dough sheets
- store-bought / pre-made spinach dip
- grated parmesan cheese
- finely diced tomatoes
Christmas Sangria would go perfectly with this Christmas Appetizer!
Printable Recipe Card
Spinach Dip Christmas Tree Appetizer
- 1 sheet puff pastry thawed
- 6 ounce frozen spinach defrosted and liquid squeezed out
- 13.75 ounce quartered artichoke hearts drained and chopped
- 4 ounce cream cheese softened to room temperature
- 1 cup shredded cheddar or cheddar blend fiesta blend, triple cheddar, cheddar-jack blend
- 1 whole egg
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F.Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Combine artichokes, spinach, cream cheese, garlic powder, salt and pepper in a bowl. Stir together well.
- Roll out puff pastry on the parchment lined sheet with a rolling pin.Spread the spinach mixture over the pastry sheet.Sprinkle the shredded cheese over the spinach mixture.Roll up the puff pastry, jellyroll style. Cut into ¼ inch rolls (16 rolls).Arrange the cut rolls, cut side up on baking sheet in the shape of a Christmas tree (see photo in post for reference).
- Beat egg in small bowl and brush egg over the entire Christmas Tree,Bake until golden brown, about 26-28 minutes.If desired, garnish with finely chopped tomato for a pop of red color.