It's not often I declare a recipe to be the best ever but once you try this green beans, you will know why I'm calling this post the Best Green Bean Recipe Ever!
These fresh green beans are prepared in a skillet with only a few simple ingredients, proving some of the best recipes are simple ones.Jump to Recipe
This post contains affiliate links. Purchases made thru these links have no additional cost to you but generate a small revenue for this blog (which helps to offset costs to me).
Well, turns out my little Italian grandmother was right, simple ingredients are the best ingredients.
- Fresh green beans
- olive oil
- salt & pepper
How to make the best green beans
Make sure you have good sized skillet/ fry pan for this recipe!
After green beans have cooked a bit and start to blister, add butter and garlic to center and cook 30 seconds before mixing in with beans.
Season and add water. Stir and cook until beans are tender and water is evaporated.
If you want you could sprinkle some parmesan over the top. I don't bother because it just isn't necessary but I wanted you to know it was an option.
Listen, if you think you've had green beans better than these, that is great. I'm so glad you got to enjoy delicious green beans. Please don't feel the need to come back here and tell me that my beans suck.
I think we can all agree that there is plenty of room in this world for more than one person to declare their green bean recipe the best, no? However, if you agree that this is The Best Green Bean Recipe Ever, feel free to come back and tell me so!!!
When to serve green beans
This Best Green Bean Recipe Ever is easy enough for busy weeknights but can certainly hold it's own for a delicious and welcomed holiday side dish. Just try not to snack on them too much while they're cooking like I do!
Goes great alongside these delicious main courses:
- Air Fryer Whole Roasted Chicken
- Sous Vide Chuck Roast
- Air Fryer Chicken Thighs
- Crispy Crunchy Onion Pork Chops
Printable Recipe Card
Best Green Bean Recipe Ever
- 1 T olive oil
- 12 oz green beans trimmed
- 1 T butter
- 2 cloves garlic minced/pressed thru a press
- ½ teaspoon coarse salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper freshly cracked/ground
- 1 T water
- Heat skillet with oil over medium/high heat. Add beans. Allow them to blister/scorch a tiny bit. Toss to make sure all beans get some color on them.
- Using tongs, make a well in the center of the beans, add butter and garlic. Cook 30 seconds before mixing in with the beans. Add salt and pepper. Toss beans well to make sure they are all coated and seasoned.
- Add water and cook, stirring often, just until water is evaporated and beans are tender/crisp.
Looking for more of a casserole type side dish? Try my Green Bean Casserole, it's got a cheesy twist!