This Instant Pot Chicken Caesar Wraps recipe is a family favorite that I've adapted from one of my slow cooker recipes. Ready in under 30 minutes, straight from the freezer!
This post contains affiliate links.
I had planned on making my Slow Cooker Chicken Caesar Wraps this week. I added it to my meal plan and informed the family. You might remember, it's one of our oldest daughter's favorite meals. The girl loves Chicken Caesar anything. So, I had to follow thru with my promise.
Then, I went ahead and bought this magical machine called an Instant Pot. I have been using it like crazy. I've made a roast, mac and cheese, hard boiled eggs and ribs. And that is just in the 4 days I had owned the thing!
So, on Wednesday, when I planned on preparing the wraps, my youngest daughter woke up with a fever of over 103 that wouldn't break. I got busy caring for her and by the time she fell back into a sweaty sleep, I realized I hadn't defrosted my boneless chicken breasts. Sigh. Not much goes according to plan over here anymore. Kids, they're funny like that, huh?
Anyhoo, I remembered that when I first posted on Facebook that I purchased an Instant Pot, someone commented "pulled pork or chicken from frozen" in a snap. Those words stuck in the back of my head. I figured, what a great way to save the day and still be able to make the Chicken Caesar Wraps.
I did a little research and saw most people making shredded chicken in about 10-15 minutes, using fresh chicken. Admittedly, I was nervous to guess at a cooking time since I'm so new to the Instant Pot but I took a guess at 25 minutes. Ding, Ding, we have a winner.
Once the chicken finished cooking, I removed it and shred it. I poured the liquid out of the pot and then mixed everything else together back in the pot and let it go on the saute setting for just a few minutes.
So there you have it, Instant Pot Chicken Caesar Wraps is just one more reason I'm falling more in love with this magical machine every day.
Instant Pot Chicken Caesar Wraps
- 1 lb boneless chicken breasts mine were frozen
- 1 C chicken stock or broth
- ¾ C caesar dressing
- ¼ C freshly chopped parsley
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 -3 C chopped romaine lettuce
- ½ C shredded parmesan cheese
- 4-6 Flour tortillas
- Place frozen chicken in Instant Pot. Pour broth over chicken. Cover and turn vent to sealed. Using manual setting, set for 25 minutes. If chicken is not frozen, you probably only need about 15 minutes.
- When timer is up, use quick release (press cancel button and turn valve to venting). Once all steam has been released, remove chicken and place on a plate or cutting board and shred (or chop), using two forks.
- Carefully (using pot holders), pour broth out of Instant Pot and discard.
- Place shredded chicken back into Instant Pot. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in dressing and parsley and cook on saute setting about 5 minutes until warmed through. Turn off.
- Stir in parmesan cheese.
- Assemble wraps by placing lettuce on tortilla, top with shredded chicken mixture and additional cheese if desired. Fold tortilla over filling and fold up bottom. If needed seal with a toothpick or wrap in foil to hold together.
The owner of this website is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com.