This cauliflower breakfast bake is low in carbs and calories, making it a great way to start the day!
Foody Schmoody Blog contains affiliate links. Items purchased with clicks thru these links generate a small profit to this blog without adding any additional costs to you. Please consider supporting this blog by shopping thru affiliate links.
Can you believe I'm actually still sticking to healthy breakfast options? If you're new here, you might remember, I shared recipes for healthier breakfasts because that is my toughest time of day. No more grabbing a quick bagel or muffing for me!
I am happy to say since I have switched to breakfasts like this Cauliflower Breakfast Bake, Buffalo Chicken Egg White Omelet, Green Veggie Breakfast Bowl and Air Fryer Breakfast Egg Rolls, I have managed to drop 20 pounds. I have several more pounds to go but I'm pretty happy with the progress.
Changing up just one meal a day is a great way to get started on changing your food lifestyle. Don't get me wrong, I'm not depriving myself. I have indulged in recipes like Loaded Breakfast Fries too but just in moderation.
How To Make Cauliflower Breakfast Bake
First, heat up whichever lean meat option you are using. I like turkey sausage but have also used leftover pork tenderloin, Canadian bacon etc.
After the meat or meatless ingredient is cooked, add in frozen cauliflower rice (no need to defrost, it heats up quickly).
Season with salt, pepper, garlic powder and some dry Italian seasoning and add in egg mixture and remove from heat.
Top with cheese and pop in the oven for about 10-15 minutes.
Slice and serve.
Items used in creating this recipe, check them out on Amazon!
Alternate Ingredient Options/Substitutions
- meat-free bacon, sausage, crumbles
- Canadian bacon
- chicken sausage
- pork sausage
- leftover pork tenderloin
Printable Recipe Card
Low Carb Cauliflower Breakfast Bake
- 1.5 C frozen cauliflower rice
- 1 spray olive oil (if no misting bottle, use about a tsp)
- 2 links turkey breakfast sausage diced
- 2 whole eggs
- ¼ C shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 T shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 T milk, cream or half & half
- 1 green onion chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Heat a small skillet over medium heat. Give one spray of oil from mister (if no mister available, use about 1 teaspoon olive oil). Add in turkey sausage and cook just until browned.
- Once sausage is cooked, add cauliflower rice to pan until heated through.
- While cauliflower rice is cooking, in a small bowl, whisk together eggs, milk and ¼ C cheese.
- When cauliflower rice is heated through, season with a pinch of salt and pepper and dry Italian seasoning. Turn off heat and stir in egg mixture. Top with remaining cheese and place in oven for 10-15 minutes until set and cheese is melted.
- Slice and serve.
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION CALCULATED USING MY FITNESS PAL
The owner of this website is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com.