Creamy Garlic Tortellini with Spinach - An easy and tasty weeknight dinner that is on the table in about 20 minutes.
This post contains affiliate links.
Oh tortellini, how I love thee.
I'm not going to bore you by telling you all the things I love about refrigerated tortellini. I've done it already, probably in my post for Broccoli & Bacon Tortellini Alfredo, Tortellini & Ground Beef Casserole, Tortellini Caprese Salad, BLT Tortellini, Lemon Ricotta Tortellini or No Boil Baked Tortellini. And those aren't even ALL my tortellini recipes.
I will mention, one last time though, that tortellini is crazy versatile. Okay, I'm done. That's all I'm saying about that.
Let me move on, telling you instead, how stinkin' easy this Creamy Garlic Tortellini is.
If you have the right pan, you can actually make this a one pot meal like I did. I'm not calling it that because I realize not everyone has the same cookware as me and the pan I used, I don't think is all that common. And the last thing I want is everyone yelling at me, telling me it's not a one pot meal because they don't have this pot. The pan I used is this Calphalon Jumbo Fryer. If you're in the market for one, you can grab it from Amazon.
So, if you're using the one pot method, use this pan to cook your tortellini, then while it's straining in a colander, use the same pan to start cooking the garlic and spinach etc.
If you don't have a pan like this, or one with high enough sides to handle both the water for cooking the tortellini and the finished product, just use two different pans; one to boil and one to finish. No big deal. It's still ridiculously easy.
What are your favorite ways to prepare tortellini?
Printable Recipe Card
Creamy Garlic Tortellini with Spinach
- 20 oz cheese tortellini
- 2 T butter
- 3 cloves garlic minced or finely chopped
- 1 C heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly cracked pepper
- ¾ C freshly grated parmesan cheese divided
- 6 oz spinach fresh
- Prepare tortellini according to package instructions.
- In a large skillet (or pan), melt butter over medium heat and add garlic and spinach. Cook, stirring often, just until spinach is wilted, about 3-5 minutes. Keep the heat at medium to avoid scorching the garlic.
- Once spinach is wilted, pour in the heavy cream and add cooked tortellini, salt and pepper. Cook over medium heat 5 minutes. Stir in ½ C parmesan cheese.
- Just before serving top with remaining cheese.
The owner of this website is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com.