This Grilled Buffalo Chicken Sandwich is so easy and grills up in about 10 minutes, making it a perfect choice for those busy nights.
I'm back on my buffalo chicken kick. Remember last time this happened? I added buffalo sauce to just about anything I could find. You can find those recipes here:
Anyway, I've been craving buffalo chicken again. Since summer is finally here, I thought, why not grill it? I also thought, why haven't I don't this before?
This Grilled Buffalo Chicken Sandwich recipe starts with marinating the chicken in a simple combination of buffalo hot sauce and steak seasoning. It only needs to marinate for a half hour or so but if you want to let it go longer, a few hours would be great.
After the chicken sits in a hot sauce bath for a little while, it gets plopped on the grill and topped with a slice of cheddar cheese. Because I'm using the thin cut chicken breast, the cook time is only about 8-10 minutes.
Layer the sandwich ingredients on a toasted roll. I like to top my sandwich with lettuce, blue cheese dressing and a few blue cheese crumbles but you can choose your own toppings. Yum, right?
Grilled Buffalo Chicken Sandwich goes great with Air Fryer Fries!
Additional/Optional Toppings for Grilled Buffalo Chicken Sandwich:
- sliced red onion
- shaved carrot
- mozzarella cheese
- ranch dressing
Easy Grilled Buffalo Chicken Sandwich
- 2 boneless chicken breasts
- ½ C Frank's RedHot or similar wing sauce
- 1 teaspoon Montreal Style Steak seasoning I use Mccormick
- 2 sandwich buns
- 2 slices cheddar cheese
- 1 T melted butter or olive oil
- Lettuce optional
- Blue cheese dressing could use ranch
- Place chicken in a resealable bag (or container) with wing sauce and steak seasoning. Refrigerate until ready to cook, 1-4 hours.
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Place chicken on grill and discard marinade. Cook 5-6 minutes, flip over and cook until chicken is cooked thru, about another 5-6 minutes. (*See Notes)
- When chicken is cooked thru, place 1 slice cheese on each piece of chicken. Remove from grill once cheese is melted.
- Brush the cut sides of bun with oil or butter and place on grill for 2-3 minutes until toasted.
- Place lettuce then chicken on bun with desired amount of blue cheese dressing and/or blue cheese crumbles. Serve.