This Instant Pot Artichoke Chicken Orzo comes together all in the one pot and is ready in about 20 minutes from start to finish, making it a terrific choice for weeknight meals.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information please visit my disclosure pageJump straight to Recipe and skip the small talk
I thought Amazon Prime Day was a big day for Instant Pot sales but holy cow, Black Friday was no joke! I think the 6 qt Instant Pot was sold out in just a few hours. It literally disappeared from the Amazon website. I've never seen that happen before. People on Facebook were complaining that they had ordered from Kohl's, only to receive an email the next day that the order was canceled due to lack of product!
Side note, Kohl's is infamous for that. Same thing happened to me a few years ago when I tried to get a Zoomer dog when it first was popular.
Did you buy anything on Black Friday or Cyber Monday? I got lots of toy type things on Cyber Monday but for myself, I got this new fancy schmancy coffee make, The Ninja Coffee Bar.
Okay, don't let me go down the rabbit hole of complaining about Christmas Shopping.
Let's get back to Instant Pots!
Yay, Instant Pot!
If you are a newbie, congratulations! Dinners will be easy and pretty hands off if you choose the right recipes.
One of my most popular Instant Pot recipes is my Instant Pot Taco Pasta. Be sure to check it out if you haven't yet. It's totally kid friendly and crazy easy.
Not a newbie? Well, I think you already know how awesome it is.
So let's get to this recipe for Artichoke Chicken Orzo, shall we?
A few years back I made a one pot chicken and orzo with peas. This recipe sort of morphed from that one. If I had peas on hand, I probably would have added them. But I didn't. So, I didn't.
I like using boneless skinless chicken thighs. They're virtually impossible to overcook. If you had to, you could use breasts. But, why?
I used homemade bone broth in my recipe. If you do not have a bone broth on hand, you can use a boxed stock.
Depending on the salt content in your stock, you may or may not need to add salt to the dish. Always taste and adjust.
If you try out this recipe for Artichoke Chicken Orzo, be sure to drop me a comment below, share a picture (hashtag #foodyschmoody, or share the recipe in your favorite Instant Pot Facebook Group.
Instant Pot Artichoke Chicken Orzo
- 1 T canola oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder onion, powder & kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper fresh ground
- ¼ C white wine
- 1 C orzo
- 2 C stock or bone broth chicken, turkey or vegetable
- ½ teaspoon dry Italian seasoning
- 6.5 oz jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained
- 8 oz spinach
- ½ C shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 T butter optional
- Heat IP with saute function. Once hot, add oil.
- Season chicken with seasonings.
- Add to pot. Brown, turn over and brown other side for a few minutes. Remove with tongs to plate.
- Pour in wine and stir up to deglaze the pot.
- Turn off IP.
- Stir in orzo Italian seasoning and broth. Top with chicken.
- Set using manual high for 6 minutes and then allow a natural release for 5 min and then quick release the rest of the pressure.
- Open cover and once again remove chicken – set aside.
- Turn back on saute. Add artichokes and spinach, a handful at a time and stir until wilted. Repeat until all spinach has wilted into mixture.
- Add 1 T butter (optional) and stir in the parmesan cheese.
- Serve orzo topped with chicken.