Parmesan Chicken and Orzo - A one pot meal of boneless chicken thighs and peas cooked in a creamy orzo.
The vegetable, peas, of course could be changed up for what you have on hand. I think asparagus would be lovely here or even green bean or a snap pea or something like that. I used boneless skinless thighs but I don't see why boneless breasts wouldn't be great either. I just happen to have thighs on hand. I have to mention, generally a dish like this I would finish off with some butter at the end. I did not need to for this, it had enough of a creamy silky finish without it. But by all means add butter if you would like.
Chicken Parmesan Orzo (One Pot Meal)
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs (or try breast- seasoned with salt and pepper
- 1 T oil suitable for cooking I used canola
- 3 ½ C vegetable stock
- 3 cloves or garlic minced
- 1 C uncooked orzo
- 1 C freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 C frozen peas defrosted
- Heat oil in high sided skillet on medium. Add seasoned chicken and cook until brown, flip over and cook other side until brown. Add garlic, cook for 1 minute to release fragrance.
- Stir in orzo and vegetable stock. Bring to boil. Cover and reduce heat to a simmer. Simmer 20 minutes (be sure to check chicken temp to make sure it's cooked through).
- Remove from heat and stir in peas and cheese. Check for seasoning, add salt and pepper if desired. Cover and let sit 5 minutes prior to serving to incorporate flavors.