Leftover Ham and Tortellini Skillet Meal - This tortellini skillet meal is a great way to use up your leftover ham from Easter. No leftover ham? No worries, grab a quick ham steak.
Do you make ham for Easter dinner? If so, you probably end up wondering what the heck to do with those leftovers, besides sandwiches.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information please visit my disclosure page
I've never been a huge fan of ham sandwiches. Turkey? Sure. I can do turkey for a week straight, after Thanksgiving, but I can only handle one ham sandwich after Easter. It's just not my thing.
Toss that leftover ham in with some creamy cheese tortellini. Well now, that's more my style.
Related: 50 Best Tortellini Recipes
No Leftover Ham?
If you are wanting to try this creamy goodness but don't have leftover ham, just pick up a ham steak, it will work just as good.
To make this family friendly pasta dinner, simply soften up some onions. Crisp up the ham. Cook the tortellini and add some half and half and cheese. Oh did I mention all that happens in the same pan, yep, a one pot meal. You're welcome!
Leftover Ham and Tortellini Skillet Meal
- 1 T butter
- ¾ C diced sweet onion
- 2 C diced ham leftover cooked ham or ham steak
- 20 oz cheese tortellini refrigerated
- 2 C chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ C half and half
- 1 ½ shredded cheese I used about ¾ C each of mozzarella and a cheddar blend
- 1 C frozen peas defrosted
Optional: chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to broil.
- Melt butter in a large, oven-proof skillet, over medium heat. Add onion and cook, just until softened, about 3 minutes. Add ham to the onions and cook for a few minutes until edges begin to get crispy/browned.
- To the pan, add tortellini, chicken stock, salt and pepper. Stir. Adjust heat to high, just until it comes to a boil. Stir. Place cover on pan, reduce heat to a simmer and cook 8 minutes, stirring once, halfway thru.
- Remove cover. Stir in half and half, peas and mozzarella cheese. Top with remaining cheese.
- Place entire pan in oven, just until cheese is bubbly and started to brown, about 3-4 minutes.
Alternative Instructions for Leftover Ham and Tortellini Skillet Meal :If you do not have an oven-safe skillet:
- Prepare as directed except just before topping with cheese, transfer mixture to a buttered casserole dish. Top with cheese and broil as instructed.
- Prepare as directed except just before topping with cheese, transfer mixture into individual oven safe ramekins/soup crocks. Top with cheese and broil as instructed.
The owner of this website is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com.