This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #QualityFreshPork #GetGrillingAmerica #CollectiveBias
My Grilled Pork Tenderloin Sandwich is so easy and full of flavor, it will make its way in to your regular rotation of easy grilled meals this summer!
You might not automatically think of pork when you think quick grilled sandwich night. But you should. It's easy, it's versatile and best of all, it's simple.
Do you remember how I sliced the pork tenderloin BEFORE grilling it for my Grilled Pork & Veggie Plate? Well, that is the same method I'm using here too. It literally takes minutes to grill.
When I was thinking up this week's dinner menu, I knew I had to keep my shopping quick and easy. Not only do my kids get out of school this week but they also had TWO half days. TWO! Thankfully I was able to get everything I needed for this grilled sandwich in one trip.
For this sandwich I used the Smithfield Garlic & Cracked Pepper Fresh Pork Tenderloin.
EASY STEPS TO MAKE GRILLED PORK TENDERLOIN SANDWICH
Slice the pork tenderloin and toss it on the grill a few minutes.
Flip and remove the pork once you achieve desired temperature. Unsure of the temperatures for pork? I'll leave a cheat sheet below.
Next, you want to add a little olive oil to the cut side of the rolls and pop those on the grill for a few minutes. I use a misting bottle but you can also brush it on.
After your roll is nice and golden, spread a bit of herbed cheese spread on the bottom half of roll.
On top of the cheese spread goes two slices of pork. If you want a super hearty sandwich, go ahead and add more. I think two slices, slightly overlapping is the perfect amount.
Scatter those julienned sun-dried tomatoes all over the pork. Again, use your judgement, I used about 1 T per sandwich but if you love them, add more. If you don't love them, add less.
We of course need cheese! Take a slice of mozzarella and plop it right on there. Sprinkle a bit of the basil over the mozzarella. The combo of mozzarella and basil is heavenly isn't it?
Assembly is complete once you pop the top bun on.
Pork Temperature Cheat Sheet
Chops, loins and roasts are best enjoyed when cooked to 145℉ with a 3 minute rest.
- Medium Rare: 145-150 F
- Medium: 150-155 F
- Medium Well: 155-160 F
- Well: 160 F
Grilled Pork Tenderloin Sandwich Q&A:
Q: What if I want the cheese to be super melty?
A: Once the sandwich is assembled you can pop it back on the grill for a few minutes if you want the cheese extra melty. I found that the heat from the cooked pork and the warmed roll was enough to make it nice and soft.
Q: There are so many varieties of pork at Walmart, do all the varieties work with this recipe?
A: I have not tried this recipe with ALL the pre-marinated/seasoned pork tenderloins but I am working my way thru all the Smithfield® varieties and so far they've all been great. From the looks of it, I think all would work!
Q: Can I use a cheese other than mozzarella?
A: Of course, as like all my recipes, I encourage you to experiment. I think provolone or fontina would be wonderful!
Want to find a Walmart near you that has a fresh pork department? Use this store locator.
Grilled Pork Tenderloin Sandwich
- 1 Smithfield Garlic & Cracked Pepper Fresh Pork Tenderloin (other varieties are fine too)
- 1 C sun dried tomatoes (the kind packed in oil)
- 4 ciabatta rolls
- olive oil
- 4 oz mozzarella cheese (I use a block and slice it)
- 4 T herbed cheese spread
- 4 leaves basil chiffonade
- Preheat the grill to a medium heat.
- Slice the pork tenderloin to about ½ inch sized slices. Place on the preheated grill and cook 3-4 minutes. Flip and continue to cook until desired temperature is achieved (see blog post for cook temps).
- Brush or mist a small amount of olive oil on the cut sides of each roll and place on the grill just until toasted, about 3 minutes.
- To Assemble: Spread about 1 T of cheese spread on bottom half of roll, add pork, sun dried tomatoes, slice of mozzarella and basil and then place top of roll. If you want cheese to be melted, pop assembled sandwich on grill for 1-2 minutes.