Easy Pesto Tortellini Skewers - Tortellini is tossed in pesto and skewered with sun dried tomatoes for an easy and delicious appetizer.
I think I have mentioned in the past that I am part of my town's Mother's Club. Well, this past weekend the Mother's Club hosted a fundraising event. It was a night out of dancing with live entertainment. The membership was to provide appetizers for the guests. Appetizers, of course, are right up my alley. You guys know I love to binge on a good appetizer.
The only problem I had when thinking up what to make was that I had to drop it off around 6 PM and the show didn't start until 8 PM. I wasn't sure if the venue had plugs near the table where the food would be kept so crock pots were out. My only option was to come up with something that is served at room temperature and/or wouldn't get soggy.
I googled around and found this Tortellini Appetizer recipe on Taste of Home. This recipe contained mayo and I think you all must know by now, how I feel about mayo! Nasty. So I took the general idea and made it my own.
I wasn't able to attend the actual event (just provided some food) so I haven't had any feedback yet, but while I was putting them together, my husband must have snuck off with about a dozen skewers; so it's a safe bet that they went over well!
Because these Easy Pesto Tortellini Skewers are delicious both chilled and at room temperature they are a fabulous choice for potlucks, BBQ's or brunches.
Easy Pesto Tortellini Skewers
- 20 oz Tortellini refrigerated (regular & spinach mix preferred but any variety will work)
- ½ C Pesto prepared
- 4 oz Sun Dried Tomatoes packed in oil, Julienned
- Small Skewers
- Cook tortellini according to package instructions. Drain and place either back in pan or in a large bowl.
- Stir pesto into tortellini to coat evenly.
- Drain liquid from sun dried tomatoes and place in small bowl.
- Skewer one tortellini followed by a strip of tomato then one more tortellini and one more tomato.
- Refrigerate until serving.